I’ve been teasing about this on Instagram for a couple of days now haha! And it’s here! Are you ready for the big announcement? Well I suppose you’ve already guessed what it is, but here goes: I’ve opened an online shop on my website! And I’m celebrating this grand opening with a SALE! Hooray!
You might be wondering what’s happening with my Etsy Shop, so let me answer your wonderings here. Basically, I decided to try out Etsy back in January, and while my experience has been mostly good there have been a few drawbacks. These are:
- Etsy charges for every listing.
- Products expire after 4 months and have to be re-listed.
- Etsy charges a commission on every sale on top of the listing price.
Pair that up with PayPal charges and postage costs and I was basically giving my charms away! Well not quite but almost 😀 Also, because I work full time and do this as a hobby, I’m not really able to give it the kind of loving attention it deserves. That means that my traffic on my Etsy shop has been pretty low, and I’ve only made one true sale in 6 months. So I was faced with a choice, either continue my Etsy shop and do it half-heartedly or close it down. Unfortunately I came to the conclusion that I had to close it down.
However after I came to this sad decision, I still had all the charms that I made and nothing to do with them. It makes me feel really sad that I’ve made all these cute little things and they would just be gathering dust in my craft room forever! So I decided that despite everything I really wanted these little guys to find a home, and I thought that the best way to do that would be to open an online store directly on my website!
Some facts about my new shop:
- The online shop is powered by WooCommerce in case you’re curious
- The currency is in US Dollars because my site stats tell me that’s where most of my readers are
- The shop is based in Johannesburg, South Africa
- All shipping costs $2 to South Africa and $5 to anywhere else in the world
- All parcels will be sent via Registered Airmail through the South African Postal Service and a tracking number will be sent to you
- All items are discounted by $1 from the original Etsy price
- I accept PayPal only, but remember that you don’t need a PayPal account to pay, but you do need a credit card
I have made the price a little bit cheaper as the opening sale because I will be saving money by not paying Etsy fees! And just because you’ve made it this far in the post I’m going to reward you with a coupon code! Use coupon code ALOT15 for a further 15% off of your product! This coupon will expire in 1 week 🙂
Right now I have about 13 items loaded in the shop, but I will be adding ALL of my charms within the next week. I might extend the sale another week if it takes me that long to load all the items.
Also, in case you needed more incentive to buy something, the first few sales will be receiving FREE GIFTS of B-grade charms with their order, as well as an exclusive coupon code for a discount on your next order!
So in conclusion, thank you to everyone that has ever liked, commented, followed or subscribed to me because of my charms. I would really love to give these cuties a home, so if you ever thought about buying one of my charms, now would be the time to do so! And if you know someone who might be interested in buying a charm, please share this post with them 🙂
Thank you so much for reading, until next time <3